Troubleshoots mechanical and electrical equipment and performs repairs and schedules maintenance work based on customer needs and requirements.
Reports to: Service Manager
- Promotes an atmosphere of goodwill and accountability between the company and the customer. Acts in a professional manner and provides a superior level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Expertly analyzes and diagnoses customer equipment problems and breakdowns. Recommends the correct service repair actions to resolve equipment performance problems.
- Makes appropriate equipment repairs and modifications to solve operating and performance problems dictated by the analysis of the customer’s equipment.
- Efficiently performs scheduled equipment maintenance per customer contract.
- Accurately and neatly documents each service call, providing the necessary paperwork.
- Observes all safety procedures, makes certain that hazardous waste is properly disposed of.
- Cooperatively performs additional duties when assigned by Service Management
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Effectively communicate with customers, co-workers and management.
- Troubleshooting, uploading and downloading of VMS software.
- Has a strong mechanical, electrical and technical aptitude.
- Has the ability to understand the necessary service and training manuals, including the ability to interpret schematics and effectively use electrical diagnostic equipment.
- Keep pace with industry innovations in order to make sound recommendations to customers.
- Can safely operate power tools, lifts, hoists, hydraulic jacks and overhead cranes.
- Has the ability to perform strenuous and heavy work, can exert force up to 100 pounds on occasion and frequently handle loads to 50 pounds.
- Must have the physical stamina to perform continuously with full-body motion for climbing, reaching, pushing, lifting and reaching, etc.
Education and Work Experience:
- Secondary school graduate with 1 to 3 years of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic experience. May include equivalent college or vocational school education.